8.13.2003

This my initial post of what I hope is my foray into professional writing. I fear my writing skills have atrophied over the years. My description, I hope, does not convey a sense of arrogance. I do not pretend to claim more knowledge than I have or can obtain. I do not pretend to be a paragon of honesty or integrity -- though I strive for both constantly.

I am distressed by the lack of honesty and excess of hypocrisy that passes for public discourse these days. I do not know if it has always been this way -- though I suspect it has. Scarcely a day goes by that some lawyer, politician, preacher, academic, or political hack tries to tell me and everyone else that what is "black" is actually "white" or that water is not wet. The more obvious the truth -- the more blatant the lie it takes to overcome it. Eternally of course, the Truth will win out. I know that and take comfort in that fact.

Temporally -- I hope to steadily beat the drum of truth here. I do not know if anyone will ever read this besides me. There are many defenders of truth out there. I am inspired by National Review's "The Corner" and by many of the articles posted at Antithesis.com as sources of truth on matters religious and political. There are many others out there and I will link to many of them when discovered by me or introduced to them by "y'all". So begins my experiment. I could never stand writing in journals... Hopefully this will be different. Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home