6.11.2005

Spent the day with my son, age 5. Went and saw Madasgacar -- not bad. He seemed to enjoy it and I did too even though they danced around the whole issue of "Hey you're a lion -- you're SUPPOSED to be a carnivore -- zebra, giraffes, and hippos included." 'Tis a minor quibble and I'm glad Alex the Lion didn't rip apart his zebra friend or there would've been a dialogue all day long on that topic.

We went to a playground at a local Carl's Jr. and he had a good time. So we left after an hour or so and went in search of a local park with a slide high enough to please and 5-year old boy. I know they make them -- or used to. They seemed 30 feet tall when I was 5 in 1973 and I know I fell off a few, but...

Damned trial lawyers have sucked the joy out of life. That's why it's important to know the enemy. Two sites invaluable in that battle are Overlawyered.com and Point of Law.com. Those guys gather info on the sham that is much of today's trial lawyer's practice (Plaintiff). I know I know... people get hurt and need compensation, but I cannot find a decent slide for my son because some kid somewhere got hurt and his Momma did not grasp the concept that life is difficult and somethimes people get hurt. Lawsuit = nervous city parks department = no good playground equipment. It's sad when a corporation has better playgrounds than a city park.

Perhaps it's not. Perhaps the private sector should take over all parks and recreation. Hmmm...

All that is beside the point. My son had a good time, but it would've been greatly enhanced -- and better for his sense of adventure -- with a mammoth slide to barrel down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home